Sunday, May 17, 2009

Breaksfast with family

When we were in Utah for my father in law's funeral in March, one of Brad's dad's cousins mentioned that she would be in DC in May and wanted to get together when she and her family came. Well, I didn't think anything would come of it because, let's face it.. how often do we say that when we know we'll be near a friend or family's home?

But yesterday we got a call from her. She was her with her husband, two of her sons and their significant others (to be honest, I don't know whether they're married or not) and two grandkids. Sunday was to be their last day in DC and they wanted to meet for breakfast in the morning.

As luck would have it, they were staying at hotels on the National Harbor - some place we've seen from a distance since we've been here - it's on our way home from Alexandria, VA - and have been saying we wanted to visit and see what's there. The area is pretty new - so much so that the GPS didn't even have an entry for it.

We found it - would have been quicker if I'd listened to Brad when he told me which way to turn but I thought I knew where I was going.. :) and had a wonderful breakfast buffet with lovely company. We ate and chatted with Takemi and her husband and Derek, Audrey, and his sons joined us later; and then Kirk and his lady came by afterward. We all chatted for a while, then the Zach and Derek's boys wanted to hit the arcade so the adults tagged along and visited some more while the kids played.

It was a very pleasant morning and I was really glad to talk with family that we don't normally see except at family reunions and since we're not sure whether we'll make that this year, I appreciate all the family time we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment