Monday, May 11, 2009

Joining the flow

Seems like everyone has a blog these days so I figured I'd join the fad - even though we don't have much to talk about these days.

Brad got his "permanent" duty station in October so the kids and I moved to DC just days before Christmas.
Fortunately, the tree was packed on the truck that my parents drove out cuz the trucks with all the rest of our stuff didn't get here for a month or more!

This was our bed for a month.
We ended up going to get an air mattress, finally.. the floor was a killer!

I was glad my mom and dad were here for the holiday and just beyond.. it was tough to send them home. Zach still tears up when he thinks about it.


After we moved here, I worked my Utah job, remotely, for a few months but since the job ended in March, I've been out of work. Basically, I've made a full time, albeit nonpaying, job out of applying for jobs. The government moves so very slowly, even with a Military Spouse Preference but I've been applying everywhere. The Washington Post has hundreds of jobs, many that I qualify for, but I've heard nothing from those either.

My perfect job must be out there somewhere..... If anyone finds it, let me know.

Oh. and if anyone knows of someone who wants to do a lease to own on a home, have we got the the opportunity for them!

I'll post some pics of the house when I find them....

Write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment